[rollei_list] Re: Strange Rollie problem

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:41:27 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eugen Mezei" <Eugen.Mezei@xxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Strange Rollie problem

I mean the way the bottom of the frame angles up as it goes to the
right, and then hooks at the end.  And the top edge then
correspondingly angles downwards to the left, and goes fuzzy opposite
the hook on the bottom.

Your Rollei was dropped. The lensboard is not paralell to the filmplane. Have the same problem with a Cord Vb, although more pronounced. Look at your lensboard, is it perfect or somehow angled? On mine the focalizing lens is recessed some mm when compared to the taking lens. The previous owner must have dropped the camera. The images it produces are like yours.

Eugen

Its possible but I think if the lensboard was damaged enough to cause this problem it would show up in other ways, for instance, the focus might ve very stiff. The front cover and the shutter and finder lens cover, are separate parts from the actual lensboard and can be bent or out of alignment due to missing shims without the lensboard itself being damaged. Lensboard and lens parallelism is adjusted with shims between the lensboard and the focusing struts. In any case I can't understand how the lens being slightly tilted would affect the frame lines.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx