[rollei_list] Re: Strange Rollie problem

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:53:05 -0700

Daniel und Jonathon,

Some people have difficulty verbalizing a condition tha they see.

The problem is that the left and right edges of the frame are not parallel to the edges of the film and the upper and lower edges are not at right angles to the edges.

Then the cause should be obvious to any Rollei-ite! :-)

Jerry

Jonathon Bowman wrote:
Hey Daniel,

I mean the way the bottom of the frame angles up as it goes to the
right, and then hooks at the end.  And the top edge then
correspondingly angles downwards to the left, and goes fuzzy opposite
the hook on the bottom.  I've never seen a similar problem on any
other MF cameras that I've used.

Cheers,
Jonathon

On 8/25/08, Daniel Ridings <dlridings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What are we supposed to be seeing in the lower-right corner?

In the upper left ... you mean it looks a little darker? If you hadn't
said anything, I would have just assumed that it was part of the
scene.

Daniel

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Jonathon Bowman
<jonathon.bowman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Have had no problems with my Rollei 2.8f, except a strange issue with
the framing. Take a look at the upper-left, and lower-right corners of
this image to see what I mean:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/2795084241_328843dcaa.jpg

I've already shown this to a Rollei repair dude, and he wasn't
altogether sure what the problem was.

Any ideas? Is something out of wack in the interior of my camera, or
is it a film transport issue? There are no problems with film flatness
-the softness of this picture is only a result of it being 'scanned'
using a digicam and taping the negs to a window.

Not a be-all-end-all cuz I can still use 98% of the frame, but kind of
annoying nonetheless - especially if I want to print rebate as well.

Thanks for your help,
Jonathon