[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:43:37 -0500

At 09:48 PM 11/9/2009, Marvin wrote:
>Hello Eric, first the idea that an add on rangefinder is more accurate than
>a built in rangefinder is absolutely counter intuitive.
>
>Second, the idea that an accurate focusing mechanism is not required in most
>shooting situations also does not comply with photography as I experience,
>regardless of what this list or anyone else says.
>
>I do know people that have used 35's and that is as a second camera in case
>their main one fails, this seems to be strong enough testimony for me
>regarding the general usefulness of the camera.

Pray, calm down, Marvin. The Rollei 35 was intended as a "vestpocket camera" and not as a primary tool for serious photography. Use it as it was intended, and you will be happy. Try to use a Rollei 35 in place of, say, a Contax II, and you will be sadly disappointed. But, then, you will be bitterly upset if the job calls for a bandsaw and you show up with a lathe. Horses for courses. Understand the mission intended for the Rollei 35 and use it in that mission and you will be most happy. It is a "second camera" only for folks using lesser breeds such as Nikon as their primary cameras.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!