[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:30:07 +0800

If one is going to put an auxiliary rf on a camera because it lacks one, why
not use a camera with a built in rf instead, it is easier and much more
accurate(and it won't fall off or get in the way etc).

Though it may be argued that the crude guesstimation system works adequately
well on the Rollei 35, the razor sharp, hair splitting precision of a good
rf camera is far more preferable.

Don't get me wrong the 35 may be a good tool for those who like it, a kind
of sledge hammer, but there are times when a fine instrument is needed a
scalpel; to pick out the pimples on a nose for example, this can't be done
on a Rollei 35, its more stop down with large depth of field.

The 35 does sport a great lens, though the system dictates a certain kind of
photography.

Marvin.