[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:00:35 -0500

At 02:46 PM 11/9/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>It is trivial to mount a rangefinder on these cameras, calibrate them
>to fractions of inches, and shoot wide open at closest focus.
>
>I am of course much more concerned about the 35S not being a "true"
>Rollei, as per the previous discussion. They were after all made in
>Singapore...

Some were made there, some were made in Germany. I have owned both and have never been able to see a difference in their quality.

The 35 family were designed by an outside engineer and were not an internal F&H product. Still, F&H adopted the design and made it their own.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!