[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:59:32 -0500 (CDT)

Automated features? That's rich! The Rolleis are 3M cameras -- metal, manual, and mechanical. Although they do have a plastic part here or there. The B35 is the same as the 35 and the 35S except for the different lens and lightmeter that you mentioned, and more restricted slow shutter speeds -- 1/30 is the slowest. I used a B35 back in the 70's and got really good results from it. I bought a black B35 last year and have used it sparingly, but it too takes excellent pictures. The Triotar is a three element lens and so is best stopped down 1 or 2 stops (what lens isn't?). The layout of the shutter speed and aperture controls are more conventional, being around the lens rather than on separate dials on either side of the lens. And the viewfinder is also more conventionally located near the center rather than at the left corner. It even has a regular frame counter on the top deck! Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>