[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:57:17 -0300 (ART)

Last week-end I shot three Kodak Ultra 400 cartridges
with my Rollei 35 (Tessar), it was an excellent
traveling companion.I'm using the Cds needle coupled
lightmeter with the original mercury battery and it's
very exact,it's 1/3 f stop sensible; it looks like you
can see minimal light variations with the needle.
The seven more recent images in my gallery were taken
with the Rollei 35 last week-end.

All the best
Carlos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/

--- FG <fuktighet@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Thanks everyone for the quick responses,
>
> being myself a Rollei TLR user i also thought the S
> had the edge in
> usability for that same reason.  I'm not too keen on
> LED readouts
> specially through a little viewfinder. I thought the
> needle on the top
> on the camera would serve perfect for street work.
>
> Eric, I have read many many times Steve's site about
> the 35 S, but he
> is not too encouraging.
>

> regards,
>
> juan
>
> 2007/9/25, Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I've owned a variety of the Rollei 35's, and I
> really disliked the SE
> > (And love the S).
> >
> > The thing that bothered me the most with the SE,
> or TE, is that you
> > have no control of the
> > light metering. There's red LED's telling you
> wheter your over or
> > under-exposed, and a green led
> > telling you when the exposure is correct. (It
> might have been a
> > combination of red and green led also,
> > but I cannot remember anymore). Anyways. I found
> this system to be
> > quite slow, rather than the
> > old meter where you see at once how much off you
> are.
> > It also forces you to do your metering whilst
> holding the camera to
> > your eye, and it's a bit
> > clumsy to operate the dials at the same time.
> >
> > Go for the S, a true gem!
> >
> > Per Einar Forberg
> > Norway
> >

> > Den 25. sep. 2007 kl. 15.49 skrev FG:
> >
> > > Hej everyone,
> > >
> > > I am interested in getting a Rollei 35 with the
> famed Sonnar. Which
> > > one would you guys recommend? the S or hte SE?
> > > I am aware that the difference lies on the LED
> vs. Needle metering
> > > system (that's aprox I guess).
> > >
> > > How much should one pay for such specimen? i've
> looked around on
> > > fleabay and not too many sellers are willing to
> answer whether the
> > > meter does work...or whether the mechanics are
> ok (some say some
> > > speeds are not working well, but that's it).it
> seems a bit of a hit
> > > or miss thing, which reminds me of the days when
> I was around
> > > hunting for some FSU rangefinder gear...and I
> hated it!
> > >
> > > Is it hard (read also expensive) to get a 35
> CLa'd so that the
> > > meter works? is it reliable or should one just
> not use it at all
> > > and buy one with a non working meter (cheaper).
> > >
> > > What do you people think?thoughts,
> opinions...everything is welcome.
> > >
> > > I forgot to say I want a shooter, not a
> "shelver" ( if that exists)
> > > thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > juan
> >
> > ---
> > Rollei List

> [...]

      Las últimas noticias sobre el Mundial de Rugby 2007 están en Yahoo!
Deportes. ¡Conocelas!
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby