[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:22:25 -0400

Regarding the choice of the S vs SE, I have never been a fan of the LED cameras.

The Rollei 35 design was inspired by the TLR, with the shutter/aperture settings visible when looking down at the top of the camera, much like you would see using a TLR with a waist level finder. I find it very intuitive to meter with the display on the top plate on the S (or T).

On the SE (TE), the LED readouts are in the viewfinder and it is very clumsy to operate the controls with the camera up to your eye. Furthermore, you cannot see the settings you are making with the camera up to your eye.