[rollei_list] Re: Print Exchange?

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:24:11 -0500

At 02:55 PM 5/16/2008 -0400, you wrote:
At 12:41 PM 5/16/2008, Don Williams wrote:

I would be interested in an exchange using ink jet printing if it comes to pass.

My darkroom is long gone, however today, 6 months after moving, I have my inkjet filled with new ink and all the nozzles are working. Of course for B&W you only need one set working.

My darkroom is about five years away from being resurrected. But Elias has made it certain that Slobodan objects to the inclusion of digital prints, so I suspect that you and I are going to have to sit this one out. I have dropped out of the Leica Users' Group Print Exchange for related reasons. It would be nice to win the lottery so that I had the money to recreate my darkroom but at my time in life, this is just an impossibility. Enjoy your darkrooms, you rich or lucky or rich and lucky guys! Sloboan, I plan on resurrecting my darkroom in around five years.

Marc

It's all relative. My first darkroom cost 89 cents plus one Kodak Tri-Chem-Pac. The 89 cents was for a red light bulb that turned out to not be a safe light, but I eventually got a real safe light, some trays, and my dad had an old contact printer that replaced the sheet of glass I was using at the start.

Then again, when I finally started working for a living I actually built a darkroom with all the fixings, including filtered air, etc. No magic revolving light-door, just one that I closed that was light tight. I gave away or tossed out just about everything when I moved and don't feel any great loss for the old familiar smells.

I guess that makes me simply pragmatic, no longer an artisan.

DAW