[rollei_list] Re: Print Exchange

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:34:00 -0400

I don't think we need to agonize over this. Let each medium speak for itself and its practitioner. The common element will be the Rollei negative, and I promise a very attractive enclosure.

As for a test of competence, getting this exchange going seems very complicated. How did Daniel make putting his book together seem so easy?

Elias

On May 23, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 11:47 PM 5/22/2008, slobodan dimitrov wrote:
>Thanks, Marc.
>I had hoped that the print exchange would of been a sliver-gelatin
>print exchange.
>That's just my own personal preference.
>Digital printing is just too easy.
>Set the parameters and walk away until X number of images are generated.
>With hand crafted photographs, each one is a test of competence.
>On the other hand, not everything has to be doable by everyone.
>If anything, that notion is a disingenuous form of egalitarianism
>that borders on the authoritarian.
>What if some of us decided to do a Holga camera generated print
>exchange?
>What's the whine going to be then?

I irked the daylights out of the LUG print exchange by withdrawing once I realized that it was properly an analog forum. I agree with you.

I know a LOT about Soviet/Post-Soviet (SPS) camera gear but I will admit to never having seen a Holga camera and knowing only of them through fora such as this.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!