[rollei_list] Re: Planar 2.8 coverage

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:00:49 -0400 (EDT)

Credit where it is due: I learned this process from Daniel Ridings on
that other list. If I had a darkroom, I would use Dennis' method of
lifting the entire stack of reels out of the tank and re-immersing,
since I could process twice as many films in the same interval of time.

Best regards,
Aaron

That is good to hear and I will pass that on to some others.

Actually since I had to make the processing tanks, I made them big enough
to hold 8 rolls of 120, which is as much as I can completely lift out of
the tank without standing on my tip toes.  There is the question of
developer time variation from top roll to bottom but I have not ever seen
any affect. That also makes for a very large quantity of developer so I
use XTOL and keep track of the rolls I process and do the gradual extended
time method.  I made a floating lid from a plastic round ice cream tub lid
with a hole cut in the middle to tightly hold an empty plastic 35mm film
container with the lid on the underside to hold it in place.

 I made the stainless rod by buying an 8th inch diameter stainless rod
from a metal company and just bending a spiral in the bottom and a 90
degree handle on top.

Dennis