[rollei_list] Re: Planar 2.8 coverage

  • From: dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:25:02 -0400 (EDT)

What I saw on eroustam's image was even plus density coming in from both
sides.  I have seen this many times from development on reels when there
is not even developer exchange across the film.  There is more fresh
developer on the outside of the reels after agitation than on the inside
of the reels.  It is a very consistant progression of density from outside
to inside.  Light leaks would be actually light streaking across the film
and would be very inconsistant due to all the variables.  It should be
more on one side than another and you probably could see some paper
texture.  Also light leaking in loose rolls is generally located right at
the edges and then falls off really quickly where as on eroustams film it
was a gradual even fall off from edge to center.
But you never know for sure till you fix it.
Dennis