[rollei_list] Re: MX-EVS Self Timer Sticking...soon after CLA.

  • From: "Jeff Kelley" <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:37:53 -0700

Richard, one of the big problems with a list like this or email is one can never tell if another is joking.

In this particular instance I apparently should have done this in my previous post:

Lawyer remark. <-------------------- Note: *** ATTEMPTED HUMOR ***

Let me say a word in defence of attorneys. My dad was one and I came to respect the discipline lawyers must learn. Outside of the sciences there are not many professions that learn how to analyse arguments and what exactly constitutes valid evidence. Lawyers may be very devious in pursuit of their client's interests but they must understand exactly what they are doing in order to avoid falling into a bear pit. As in all professions there are good and bad lawyers and lawyers who are good and bad people.
One of the services a lawyer provides to his/her clients is to keep them out of trouble. That means thinking of contingencies that may be somewhat far fetched. The client may decide to take the risk but the lawyer will have made that a calculated risk.
I know a little about Marc's practice and know him to an ethical lawyer and man.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx