[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex MX-EVS

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:26:12 -0400

There are 2 MX-EVS Types; Type 2 can be set to disengage the EVS.

Todd B. is probably the best qualified to describe the differenced in
the cameras inside. The T has a removable hood and can take a
645/superslide kit. It also features a recomputed Tessar using some of
the new "rare earth" glass that became available post war.

Eric Goldstein

--

On 7/17/06, Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jeffrey, check out this page: http://www.siufai.dds.nl/Rolleiflex35_TLR.htm

You can get an idea where the MX-EVS fits into the 3.5 series.
As you'll see, the MX-EVS was one step before the 3.5E, not like a "T" at
all.  No plastic parts.

I like the EVS engaged when the light isn't changing, but I'm glad I can
disengage it in rapidly changing light.

-Jeff-

>That makes sense. I don't mind the EV thing, once I get used to it. I have
>Konica rangefinder that does that, and some light meters that do that. How
>does it compare to the Rolleiflex T (plastic parts?).
>
>Jeffery Smith
>New Orleans, LA
>http://www.400tx.com <http://www.400tx.com/>
>http://400tx.blogspot.com/