[rollei_list] Re: MX-EVS Self Timer Sticking...soon after CLA.

  • From: todd belcher <todd_belcher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:50:06 -0700

The self timer should work after months of sitting unused - the same as the shutter. In an MX-EVS, the self timer is a separate unit from the shutter and Krikor most likely did not service the self timer when he service the shutter.

todd

On 17-Jul-06, at 11:37 AM, Jeff Kelley wrote:

I have an MX-EVS with Xenar I bought 6 months ago. It came with a ton of accessories (worth the price alone.)

The slow speeds were sticking and it obviously needed a CLA, so I spent $325 having Krikor Maralian overhaul the thing.
Krikor's site:
http://www.krimarphoto.com/

It came back looking and working great! The self-timer worked fine at that point.

After I put a few rolls through it, to make sure everything was fixed, the camera sat untouched for a couple months.

A couple weeks ago I tried using the self-timer and it was getting stuck part way through the cycle. I can flick the switch and it will continue, however, it may or may not make it to the end of the cycle. Sometimes I have to flick it several times to get it to continue. The shutter still works fine.

I called Krikor and he assured me that letting the camera sit unused for even a few weeks will cause this. He said I should be cyling the self-timer and shutter every one or two weeks.

OK, makes sense, but no matter how many times I cycle the self- timer now, I can't get it to loosen up and work without sticking.

Any of you gurus with knowledge of the innards of the MX-EVS, have an opinion on the above?

Thanks.

- Jeff -

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List