[rollei_list] Re: Digital Advice

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:38:48 -0400

At 06:37 PM 5/29/2008, Peter K. wrote:
Marc,

That is pure BS. Even professionals get great results with a package that costs far less than your $17K. You are simply unfamiliar with the digital world and the realities of it today. Bob is long gone from it.

I can get Rollei level quality in 16x20 with the Canon Rebel and a Tamron 17-50mm zoom. Total cost $1100. I know this is blasphemy to those here clinging to the past, but it is the truth.

Well, no. A good quality printer is going to run you a chunk of change. Rag paper and special inks cost money. The necessary computer upgrades cost money. And a current copy of Photoshop is around $600 or more. So, by the time even a slim package is in hand, it will not cost you $1100 but at least $3000 or more.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!