[rollei_list] Re: Digital Advice

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:09:06 +0100

Most of the pros I know switched to Canon years ago, just a few stayed with Nikon but I have noticed a few of the old Nikon shooters are changing back now that the D3 has arrived. I much prefer the Nikon ergonomics but lens wise they both have strengths and weaknesses. Whichever has the "best" body at any time depends on the new model cycle as they tend to play "leap-frog".

cheers,
Frank

On 28 May, 2008, at 13:06, Douglas Nygren wrote:

Nearly every professional photographer I know has switched from Nikon to Canon. I noticed the switch beginning 14 years ago. I have a Canon pro film camera and like it. I put an adapter on the body and put Leica R lenses on it. You need to change the focusing screen if you do that. That's not a big deal. I toy with the idea of buying the Canon D5 or is it called the 5D. Full frame. My friends get good results. The one Nikon camera I hear good things about is the new Nikon D5. It can shoot at very fast speeds with no noise. It costs $5,000. The Canon is 2 grand less. Shooting at a high ISO in low light is attractive. With film I use Ilford 3200 at 1000 90% of the time. I hear 3200 looks good on the Nikon. That catches my interest.

Let us know what you get.

Best--Doug