[roc-chat] Re: ROCStock Set-up

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:32:52 -0700

I will not be there for set-up or maybe for even the launch.  So, forgive me
for adding my 2 cents when I will not be there.

John W usually has all the stuff for making the lines, flag line, etc. before
the trailer arrives.  He usually would obtain all the supplies at the trailer
cleaning meeting before ROCstock.  If you're planning on a parking and flight
line set-up on Wednesday, and if the trailer's not delivered, you'll have to
get all this out of the trailer and storage and haul it to the lakebed.

So, I suggest you just plan a Thursday set-up.  You'll have more people and
maybe the trailer will be delivered by then.

Richard
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:01:46 -0700
From: derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: ROCStock Set-up

    On 5/29/2013 10:27 AM,
      chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

      Chris is a veteran at this, he's just making a joke...

      As for myself, I am currently 'hoping' to be out to help on
      Wednesday afternoon, if both the supplies and other bodies are
      available.  I will NOT be available on Thursday, and will PROBABLY
      NOT be available Saturday morning.  Frankly, at this point I'm
      going to consider myself lucky if I can do the set-up on Wednesday
      afternoon, and help-out/launch on Friday.

      If I am not able to be out there on Wednesday, it's because of
      some imminent family medical issues, and I may not have the
      opportunity to confirm (or deny <G>) my presence for setup,
      so please have other folks join in as well.  Although I have
      helped with the striping/setup for several years, I've always
      counted on John to take the lead and just did what he told me to
      do -- we'll need more folks than normal without him...

      If I'm not able to attend ROCstock at all, I'll try and make
      arrangements to get some donations for the raffle prizes to the
      playa one way or the other.

      David Erbas-White

    Chris,

        I held John with this very procedure back in November and it
        really isn't that hard to do. I, too, will be out there to help
        set up again but it won't be until Thursday morning.

        Sent from my Verizon Wireless HTC DNA 4G LTE Smartphone

          Date: Wed, May 29, 2013 9:50 AM

      All,

      Mr. Wahlquist did a fine job
        writing
        up the range setup procedures.   Thanks John!  James and I
        intend
        to be out on the lakebed NLT 3:00pm on Wednesday afternoon to
        determine
        if they are truly idiot-proof.

      I was wondering when the other
        requisite
        equipment - see list below - will be there so we can start
        working the
        plan.  Also, who else plans to be there when?

      Chris

      Flag Line Reels + Extra Line

                     2 cases
        (6 cans each) minimum of Inverted Striping

      Rebar

               Paint  (Yellow or Red – not White)

      Sledge Hammers (at least 2)

                     3 cans
        minimum of Inverted Marking Paint  (RED)

      Tent stakes/spikes

           Paint striper

      500’ Roll of String

           Inverted Paint Marking Wand

      Small hand-held GPS unit
                     Measuring
        wheel

      Reflectors (Red or Blue, at
        least
        a dozen of them)

      Traffic cones – all of
        them!!

      From:
         "J. Wahlquist"
        <jwahlquist@xxxxxxxxx>

      To:
         roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
        lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx, Chris Feenstra
        <chris.feenstra@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

      Date:
         05/25/2013 11:48 PM

      Subject:
           [roc-chat] ROCStock
        Set-up

      Sent by:
           roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Hi all, attached is the usual ROCStock set-up
        procedure.
        Sorry I won't be seeing you all this time around, but, as
        mentioned before,
        family obligations trump rocketry. Have fun and fly something
        for me!

           <JSW>[attachment "ROCStock
        Set-up.docx" deleted by Chris J Kobel/West/Aerospace/US]