[roc-chat] Re: ROCStock Set-up

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:36:49 -0700

Richard,

Unfortunately, I'm guilty of never attending a trailer cleaning party, so
please forgive me of that.   However, since I will be pulling a trailer, I
wouldn't mind stopping on the way out to the lakebed to pick up the
flag/striping stuff provided:

1) I know where the trailer is
2) I have access to its contents
3) I know where in the trailer to find everything I'll need.

OR

If someone could bring the trailer out to the lakebed Wednesday afternoon,
I could babysit it and get a good head start on the work.

It's been so much easier at the summer RocStocks/NSLs/LDRSs to have the
range flagged and striped before the majority of the people start
arriving.

Chris

From:   R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   05/29/2013 11:33 AM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: ROCStock Set-up
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will not be there for set-up or maybe for even the launch.  So, forgive
me for adding my 2 cents when I will not be there.

John W usually has all the stuff for making the lines, flag line, etc.
before the trailer arrives.  He usually would obtain all the supplies at
the trailer cleaning meeting before ROCstock.  If you're planning on a
parking and flight line set-up on Wednesday, and if the trailer's not
delivered, you'll have to get all this out of the trailer and storage and
haul it to the lakebed.

So, I suggest you just plan a Thursday set-up.  You'll have more people
and maybe the trailer will be delivered by then.

Richard
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:01:46 -0700
From: derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/29/2013 10:27 AM, chris_coffee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Chris is a veteran at this, he's just making a joke...

As for myself, I am currently 'hoping' to be out to help on Wednesday
afternoon, if both the supplies and other bodies are available.  I will
NOT be available on Thursday, and will PROBABLY NOT be available Saturday
morning.  Frankly, at this point I'm going to consider myself lucky if I
can do the set-up on Wednesday afternoon, and help-out/launch on Friday.

If I am not able to be out there on Wednesday, it's because of some
imminent family medical issues, and I may not have the opportunity to
confirm (or deny <G>) my presence for setup, so please have other folks
join in as well.  Although I have helped with the striping/setup for
several years, I've always counted on John to take the lead and just did
what he told me to do -- we'll need more folks than normal without him...

If I'm not able to attend ROCstock at all, I'll try and make arrangements
to get some donations for the raffle prizes to the playa one way or the
other.

David Erbas-White

Chris,

I held John with this very procedure back in November and it really isn't
that hard to do. I, too, will be out there to help set up again but it
won't be until Thursday morning.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless HTC DNA 4G LTE Smartphone

From:        "J. Wahlquist" <jwahlquist@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx, Chris Feenstra
<chris.feenstra@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        05/25/2013 11:48 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] ROCStock Set-up
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, attached is the usual ROCStock set-up procedure. Sorry I won't be
seeing you all this time around, but, as mentioned before, family
obligations trump rocketry. Have fun and fly something for me!

     <JSW>[attachment "ROCStock Set-up.docx" deleted by Chris J
Kobel/West/Aerospace/US]