[roc-chat] Re: Clusters

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:27:27 -0700

With my old Estes Scrambler, I've been successful using Estes igniters and
carefully arranging the motors in their mounts so I can collect and twist
the two sets of leads on one side of the base and the other.

As Cliff says, nothing like the fiery flames of a BP cluster at night.

Chris

From:   cls <cls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   05/29/2013 11:10 AM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: Clusters
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've made a bunch of clip-whips, I had to, because I always forget to
get them from the pad, too busy chasing the rocket.

clip-whips work great but I think the Q2G2 is the best thing in
igniters, ever.  they are low current, so wire them in parallel, and
even the crummiest clip leads on the crummiest old club battery will
work.

I made a 7x18mm BT80 model of the rocket on the cover of Alex Ryder
adventure "Eaglestrike".

on that rocket Q2G2 igniters (in parallel) always got all 7 motors lit,
every time.  7 ejection charges is a lot for thin cardboard so it only
flew 7 or 8 times before burning up.

gonna build another one.  there is nothing like the sound of BP
clusters, and it's beautiful at dusk and at night.

Cliff