[roc-chat] Re: High Desert Rocketeers

  • From: Michael Klett <xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:58:38 -0700

My L1 was a Polecat 3" Goblin (after I botched the build of my Madcow
Squat putting the motor tube in backwards).  I built that rocket in
the desert on a Friday night under Mike Kramer's easy up and flew it
the next day.  That rocket is still a favorite in my stable and has
flown straight and true every single time I've put it up.  I recommend
it.

Oh, and the Squat?  I built another one for the LDRS Mass Squat Launch
on Saturday and it flew straight and true as well.  On the Sunday of
the LDRS launch it became my L2 cert rocket.  My L3 cert rocket is
under construction and has been for a very long time.  But after two
core samples in a row I'm thinking of going back to an Estes Alpha
III.  ;-)

Thanks,
Mike