[roc-chat] Re: High Desert Rocketeers

  • From: rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:44:23 -0700

Welcome aboard, Chris!

I'm glad to see that you got signed up OK to ROC-Chat. I'm sure we've got folks up in the high desert area who would be able to help you in-person, and I know that we've got a ton of folks who'd also be happy to help you out right here, online, in any way that we can (myself included).

When I talked to Chris on the phone earlier today, he mentioned that he was contemplating the purchase of an Aerotech Initiator kit as his first foray into mid-power. I let him know that it's a great little flyer, and hard to go wrong with, but I suspect that just about everyone here probably has a favorite "getting your feet wet" rocket kit to suggest, and I'm curious to see what everyone suggests.

I'll keep my mouth (mostly) shut, for now, to see what develops....

Cheers,

Rick Dickinson
ROC President

On 2012-10-16 15:35, Chris Coffee wrote:
Hello,

We are the Coffee family. We are interested in getting into the hobby
of rocketry on a little higher level than what we have been doing thus far. We have only been using the Estes model rockets found at Wal-Mart
and other retailers, but would like to move into something a little
bit bigger. We live in the city of Barstow and would love to find
someone in the High Desert area that would be willing to meet with us
and spend some time discussing the different aspects of the hobby and
guide us on our way to bigger and better launches. We will be joining
ROC next month as Executive Members and are hoping to be able to
launch at the ROCStock event. However, that will all depend on the
outcome of this post and if we find someone to help us.

If you or someone you know is willing to give us a hand, please
contact Chris at 760-985-7075, or Samantha at 760-985-7735, or April
at 760-985-2181. Thank you in advance.

Chris Coffee