[realmusicians] Re: Code Meter and Reason 6

  • From: Roy Shtupler <shtupler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:22:06 +0200

agree on this completely.
cheers
Roy.
http://elephant-dolphin.bandcamp.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:54 AM
Subject: [realmusicians] Re: Code Meter and Reason 6

Letting it startup when reason does is not the problem, you have to check if the service shuts off and stops running after you close reason. Also, while
reason is running it'll still mess things up; that's where my real problem
is, that the protection stuff slows down the app it's made to protect and
sometimes other running processes as well. Now, to make this clear, I did
notice some weird behaviour that wasn't there before installing reason,
which is when I went looking and found code meeter running on my services. I
then looked in controll panel and start menu and everywhere else and found
no reference to it, neither was there an option to remove it; keep in mind
that this was after I had removed Reason and all references to Propellerhead
stuff. This is where my problem is, this is what we consider "malware
behaviour." This is what got Sony in trouble a few years ago with their CD
protection scheme and the small software piece it installed on systems when
a disc containing this system was played. People didn't know it was being
installed, and neither could they remove it (that part being the worst).
I'm not saying code meeter is necessarily bad for you, though it seems that most people who've tried have experienced some issues, but I'm saying that I
personally don't like any apps that use these weird protection schemes or
programs that interfear with my system in a "malware-like" way.

Regards, D!J!X!