[pure-silver] Re: temp for flattening prints

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

Shannon

I don't know how common this is, but the temp scale on
my Dry Mount Press is waaaay off.  After a long time
of fiddling with the dial to get the temp that I
wanted, I measured it with a thermocouple and found it
to be about 160-170 - I think that the dial says
something like 225.

Bottom line - don't believe what you read.