[pure-silver] Re: missing ring for enlarger lens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:53:25 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Zentena" <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:32 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: missing ring for enlarger lens

On Thursday 20 October 2005 01:27, Richard Knoppow wrote:

Just to clarify. A mounting flange has a flat part that
takes screws, the lens screws into it. Flanges are usually
mounted on the front of a lens board. A retaining ring is a
plain threaded ring, often with slots in it, that holds the
lens from the back. Retaining rings are more common on
enlarging lenses than flanges Most flanges can be used as
retaining rings also. Both use the threaded section on the
back of the lens for mounting. If there is a threaded area
on the front of the lens something is wrong.

But which lens is it? Could it be a Claron? Without finding my old barrel
mount I'm guessing that came with a flange. Also is the flange screwed to the
board and if not what's holding everything up?

Nick

If its a Claron it would explain the front threads. The Claron is a process lens and many of them are threaded for fitting a reversing prism.

---