[pure-silver] Re: missing ring for enlarger lens

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:52:10 -0500

The good news.... you can go to the Schneider site and figure out what it
SHOULD be.  Then a trip to SK Grimes for getting one made up ( they have a
lot in stock, so you might get lucky).  Then you get to try it out and see
if it is right.

Alternatively.... send the lens to Grimes and ask them to measure and supply
you one...... at least it is 1 stop and it WILL be correct.

I looked at this site. Wow! A whole business devoted to the kind of problem I have. This page explained it: http://www.skgrimes.com/adapter/index.htm

I see now what happened: the local guy that drilled the hole in my lensboard didn't really understand what he was doing, and he put the mounting flange on the back instead of on the front. There is no retainer: that's the part that's missing.

I will send the whole job to SK Grimes.

--shannon