[pure-silver] Re: missing ring for enlarger lens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:24:22 -0700

The part is called a retaining ring. You should be able to get a
new one from Schneider, I don't think it will cost much. They might need the serial number to determine the exact version. Schneider Componon enlarging lenses are excellent, even the older ones.

There is a ring on the back, the side that goes toward the light. The missing one is the one on the side toward the print. Is that also called a retaining ring?

--Shannon

I don't like the sound of that, there should not be a removable ring on the front. What did this guy do to it.

---