[pure-silver] Re: [inconsistent results with TXP

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:23:18 -0500

What time of the year was it when developing both films? I'm trying to find out if developing temperature could have made a difference, but I didn't get an answer to my first question.

I did them both within a few days of each other, just this week. It's still summer in Houston. It's summer all the time here, except for a few days in january. I develop at 70 degrees.

--shannon

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

<http://www.darkroomagic.com>http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2005-10-14 18:22, "Chuck ." <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I used the same method to calculate development times in both batches.  The
 film bought locally, developed immediately, worked perfectly with this
 method. The film shot during the summer, no telling how old the film was,
 and developed 3-5 months later, did not.  So I don't think it's my
 development time figuring.

 --shannon

 Shannon,

 What is the basis for your development times?
 When in doubt I usually go to Digitaltruth.com and use their "massive
 development chart" as a starting point.

 Speedy