[pure-silver] Re: [inconsistent results with TXP

  • From: Dave James <charlie_5oclock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:09:38 -0700 (PDT)

How was the film stored (both before and after being exposed)? Under good
conditions, a delay in processing of a few months wouldn't cause the extreme
differences you've described, and year-old film should work fine.

Also, if you are processing it using the same methods and chemicals as the
recent shots, that would seem to rule out underdevelopment, and point the
finger at underexposure. Did you use the same camera/lens for both sets of film?

Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two theories about why this might be happening:

1) maybe the film I used over the summer was old. I can't remember if
I used some that had been stored for a while or what. If the film was
a year or so old, would that make it less responsive to exposure and
development?

2) Maybe if film sits around waiting to be processed for several
months, it loses responsiveness to chemistry? (I have not found this
to be particularly true in the past however.)

3) Maybe I consistently metered wrong, or the meter was messed up.
But I just had the meter checked and it was fine. Also it was fine
when I used it for the batch of film I shot and processed last week.