[pure-silver] Re: [inconsistent results with TXP

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:24:51 -0700 (PDT)

Did you already process all of the film?  It seems
that it has been consistent in giving you thin results
and bottom line becomes what to do now that you know
that.
If you still have film left to process, I would adjust
your processing accordingly.  If not, then decide what
you need to do to make them more printable such as
selenium intensification.  Once the film is saved,
then I would start doing tests and examining all your
procedures to find the "error" or technical failing
that led to this, using the same film/lens/camera if
possible.  Polaroid testing can be helpful too.
The only problem I've had w/old film in the past was
fog and I don't think that leaving the film
undeveloped for a long period would degrade things
that much.
Eric Nelson
www.eman-photo.com
www.archival-photo.net