[pure-silver] Re: how long, when partially wet?

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:32:12 -0400

Hi Janet,

Janet Cull wrote:

By the way, I really like this print and I was rather excited to see it framed. I'm really, really critical of my own work. Sometimes I get discouraged and think I'll toss the cameras and darkroom.

We all go through that. Sometimes we are all overly critical of our work and just want to give it all up. I'm fortunate, in that my wife is a writer and she goes through similar phases, so we pull each other up when either one of us gets into that "I'm worthless as a photographer, writer, ....take your pick of creative process....."

Like you said yourself, you really like it, so keep at it and the next one will be even better.

Cheers,
Bogdan
 Then
occasionally I get something like this, that I really like - and I keep going. It's for an office uptown, and I'm actually proud to put my name on this one. I'd really thought the last few days about selling my Hasselblad system and giving up the effort. This one is keeping me in the game. It's a good morning here.

Janet

p.s. (writing this sort of surprises me. i didn't realize i was so easily discouraged/encouraged. i really shouldn't take myself so seriously!) ============================================================================================================= To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.

  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                  "I photograph my reality"