[pure-silver] Re: how long, when partially wet?

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:50:49 -0500

Mark, I think you miss part of my point. There are lots of ways to get a
print ready faster than just letting it sit on the drying screen. There are
pluses and minuses to most of them. I was merely cautioning that if one does
use a hair drier with too much heat, you can alter the surface quality of
the print.

For me this has not been an issue for some time, but when I lived in Taos,
NM and ran my printing business from there, time was critical for fast turn
around. We would get the Fed Ex Delivery at 10:30 to noon, and would only
have until 2:30 to have it ready to go out the same day. While most orders
were not over night request, just getting some things out in two days
required creative solutions to over come some time restraints.

In a one off situation or even if it was going to a single event, it may not
be a big deal, but if you are sending out multiple prints to the same
location and some look glossier than others; that could be a problem.

A bigger issue is what type of mounting is being used and what is the RH in
both places?

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226