[pure-silver] Re: how long, when partially wet?

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 05:54:20 -0700 (PDT)

Janet

I am almost purely an amateur photographer, so my
experience and pressures may be different from what
you have.  For me, I find the process of making the
image as important, if not more so than the final
result.  I enjoy hiking through the back country with
my photo gear, I do not wear a watch, and time
exposures longer than 1s with my pulse.  I find the
time in the darkroom to be very theraputic - and
sometimes am very slow, spending a long time looking
at a print trying to decide what, if anything I want
to do with it.  In that respect, I would agree with
you in your decision not to use a hair dryer, but to
just wait.  Wait far longer than you think is needed.
When the process is the goal, there is no need to rush
anything.

Mark