[pure-silver] Re: Sink Decisions and Waterproofing

  • From: John Meyers <jmeyers102@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ben,

When I was building my darkroom about 3 years ago, I
was pondering the same question as you are with regard
to the sink. Should I buy the Delta sink, (which was 4
feet long I believe), or make my own to fit the 5 foot
space that I had.

As it turned out, someone was selling a 5 foot
homemade sink on ebay at the time, and he was located
just a few miles from me heere in New Jersey. What a
lucky break.

My point is that I am glad I have the larger sink. I
use every inch of it. Although I could have made the
smaller Delta sink work, it's better to have as large
a sink as possible. (I'm assuming you have a limited
space to begin with, as I did).  My advice is to build
the larger sink. You'll be glad to have that extra 8
or 9 inches. The cost savings is nice too.

John Meyers