[pure-silver] Re: Sink Decisions and Waterproofing

  • From: jeffrey <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:00:36 -0700

No need to post photos of your sink, Eric (though others may want to see?). I have a pretty good idea of what my sink ought to look like.

A question for those of you who have used the Delta sinks: Would it be practical to use a home-built support (probably 2x4 verticals and 1x4 rails along the sides) to set it on? Or is it designed in such a way that it really needs the custom metal support that Delta makes?

I used the cabinetry to hold the sink. The edge of the countertop all along the edge of the sink, then several front-to-back supports (within the cabinet) to provide mid-span support.

Also consider a couple of small supports under the well. The reason is that, after a few years of dumping large amounts of water into the well all at once, the flexing of the bottom of the well can cause a slow leak around the drain. Supporting it should minimize the flex.