[pure-silver] Re: [OT] Filmholders, Septums, Total-Disasters

  • From: Martin Jangowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:52:58 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Tony Kilbane wrote:

Thank you , to all who have responded and who have given so detailed analysis of the problem. It has added much to my knowledge. I have a Linhof Tech. IV, which I bought secondhand and is fitted with a fresnel screen in front of the ground glass. I do not know if it was supplied with the camera as original equipment or added later. I will have to enquire from Linhof. If it was fitted as original equipment, it would be reasonable to expect that the appropriate adjustments would have been made by the manufacturer.

My tan Technica V has a factory fitted fresnel lens in front of the GG. Your Tech IV should have an international back, so both GG and filmholder will use the same contact zone at the body to get the correct distance. It depends on the GG (and its frame) if it is corrected for the installed fresnel lens or not, there never is a reason to change anything at the camera body.

I suspect that Linhof offered retrofitting the fresnel lens to earlier ground glass frames when they started to offer the Technika with the fresnel lens GG frames. I'll have to look for my "Linhof bible" so see if the Tech IV was offered with standard or fresnel GG, I just have to find it somewhere in the attic ;-)

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |