[pure-silver] Re: [OT] Filmholders, Septums, Total-Disasters

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:21:39 +0100

Chuck

How do you know that your holders are all OK? How can you tell that the
focus is at its optimum? Could it be that it is slightly in front or just
behind the subject plane and you NEVER noticed?

I adjusted a LF camera for a friend and he didn't believe the difference it
made. Film holders are rarely 'right on the money'. The rest give us
something less than optimum focus.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com