[pure-silver] Re: Modified Agfa 108 with multigrade paper

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:30:47 +0100

Hi !
Switching to a 4x5 setting for the condenser may be a false good idea.
As the condenser set is an optic system, it has to be somewhat matched to the lens used to project the negative as Richard has pointed out previously. This may explain why you've worsened the problem by placing your frosted Mylar between the two condenser lenses. Give a try at the solution I spoke about : place the Mylar above the condenser set or below the set, just above the neg carrier. (I prefer the first solution) But, as Marc said, it could be a whole bunch of unrelated problems working you nuts. Oh, BTW, try another batch of printing paper, who knows, your's could be bad...
Mark Blackwell a écrit :
Another thing to check would be the alignment of the holder itself. IIRC my D2 has a set of adjustments that allow you to level the holder If one part of the neg is further from the source than another, you would see a light fall off on one side or the other.

Uping the contrast Id personally see what a different contrast filter would do in the filter drawer before I worried anymore about altering the chemistry of the developer. If that didn't help Id try to find a graded high contrast paper. Others here are much smarter than me, but I would take a guess and guess you might find more than one problem working together causing your problem.

Its frustrating, but its all part of the learning curve that we are on for life.

*/Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    On Friday 16 March 2007 12:03, hksvk wrote:
     > Thank you for your thoughts on this, Mike, Richard, and the
    others who have
     > offered help--all constructively. Yes, I have set the condensers
    to the
     > correct height.

    Set it to a higher setting. IIRC you're printing 6x6. Change it to
    the 4x5
    setting. It'll cost you some light but should spread out the light a
    bit
    more. See if that helps.

    Nick

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites <http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw-- > to find flight and hotel bargains.

--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,