[pure-silver] Re: Modified Agfa 108 with multigrade paper

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:02:32 -0700 (PDT)

Another thing to check would be the alignment of the holder itself.  IIRC my D2
has a set of adjustments that allow you to level the holder  If one part of the
neg is further from the source than another, you would see a light fall off on
one side or the other.

Uping the contrast Id personally see what a different contrast filter would do
in the filter drawer before I worried anymore about altering the chemistry of
the developer.  If that didn't help Id try to find a graded high contrast
paper.  Others here are much smarter than me, but I would take a guess and
guess you might find more than one problem working together causing your
problem.

Its frustrating, but its all part of the learning curve that we are on for life.

Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Friday 16 March 2007 12:03, hksvk
wrote:
> Thank you for your thoughts on this, Mike, Richard, and the others who have
> offered help--all constructively. Yes, I have set the condensers to the
> correct height.

 Set it to a higher setting. IIRC you're printing 6x6. Change it to the 4x5
setting. It'll cost you some light but should spread out the light a bit
more. See if that helps.

 Nick

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.