[pure-silver] Re: Mixing your own chemicals was (Hamster was (Glass versus Plastic containers))

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:08:08 -0500

The amount that you're making is not important. It takes the same amount
of time to make 10 liters as to make 1.

I use a good balance for measuring small amounts and a postal scale to
measure things such as hypo for fixer or carbonate for paper developer.

If you can afford one, a magnetic stirrer removes a lot of the tedium
from mixing your own.  You can even get them with a built in heating
element to make things even faster.