[pure-silver] Re: Flying with hazard stuff in the US (?)

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:25:45 -0400

Pablo Kolodny wrote:

> I’ll tell you something, I’m buying some few magic powders from Art
> Craft in NY. I’ve also got them quote shipping stuff for a small
> packet to Argentina and I found it to be relatively cheap. They can
> well ship directly to Argentina, that is not a problem. The point is
> here, Argentinean customs. This is the big problem. It is not only
> that they make you to go waste more than a couple of hours of your
> time in a crowded waiting room for the CPI (Centro Postal
> Internacional), wish it rather were the ICP in NY instead, so they
> can charge some stupidly ridiculous taxes for stuff that is not made
> in the country. Then there it is that I’m not sure what is allowed
> and what is not... I’ve called the Argentinean Customs more than
> twice and every time I call I’m told some different info. A crazy
> thing. Other than this I wouldn’t even bother with the topic.

Consider writing to the Argentine consular office nearest you and get
from them a letter authorizing you to bring it in, or a letter refusing
to let it in. Then you will know where you stand. This assumes you have
a month or so.

 ^^-^^ 15:20:01 up 2 days, 18:12, 4 users, load average: 4.51, 4.47, 4.41