[pure-silver] Re: Flying with hazard stuff in the US (?)

  • From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:51:00 -0300

On 7/27/10 at 3:31 PM, cuffe@xxxxxxx (Laurence Cuffe) wrote:

I know this sounds silly, but two options not yet considered are
1 the humble post office.
2 When purchasing ask if the shop can send it home for you.
I've often found these to be very effective and convenient methods for getting stuff back.
All the best
Larry

Hi Larry and all other who kindly took the time to read mine and then write something back about the topic.

I’ll tell you something, I’m buying some few magic powders from Art Craft in NY. I’ve also got them quote shipping stuff for a small packet to Argentina and I found it to be relatively cheap.
They can well ship directly to Argentina, that is not a problem.
The point is here, Argentinean customs. This is the big problem. It is not only that they make you to go waste more than a couple of hours of your time in a crowded waiting room for the CPI (Centro Postal Internacional), wish it rather were the ICP in NY instead, so they can charge some stupidly ridiculous taxes for stuff that is not made in the country. Then there it is that I’m not sure what is allowed and what is not... I’ve called the Argentinean Customs more than twice and every time I call I’m told some different info. A crazy thing. Other than this I wouldn’t even bother with the topic.

Thanks again

Pablo