[pure-silver] Re: Agfa Sistan... now Selenium Protection

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:21:54 -0700 (PDT)

<rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have said this repeatedly here and ohter places
> that KRST 1+9 for 3 minutes may not be adequate.
There is a pretty thorough Danish study showing that
low density areas are converted to much lesser degree
and KRST toned specimens are not as durable as KBT
treated specimens.

I already posted references to that paper a few times.

Maybe so, but it does not appear on a simple search of
your name, Danish, and KRST.

aLL i COULD PULL UP (OR Recall)was...

"Danish research showed that protection given by KRST
treatment is highly dependent on the image density,
material, dilution, treatment time, etc. and their
data show there is no simple way to make KRST
reliably effective for image protection.

I have done my own peroxide fuming tests with several
test strips...."

perhaps I missed something.

Anyway...
This is not a proper citation.

If you feel the paper is worthy of our attention,
would you please cite the referance so we may examine
it?

Or, if you have already cited it, and do not want to
spend time doing it again, would you give us enough
information to locate it with a simple, efficient
search?

Who were the authors?

What Journal was it published in?

(BTW, if you could find the time,
it might interest some to know the details of how you
did the fuming tests. If they were useful, perhaps
someone here might like to try it.)

TIA,

Ray