[pure-silver] Re: Concentrated developer progress?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:32:35 -0400 (EDT)

From: Craig Schroeder <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Concentrated developer progress?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:23:49 -0500

>  Did I dream this or was there mention of a concentrated developer
> being worked on by Ryuji?  It seems that I have more and more
> sporadic darkroom activities.  I enjoy the DS series' results and it
> might just be a coincidence but lately it seems that every time I
> wish I could quickly get a film done and drying, I don't have a
> batch ready to go.  This adds not much time for a new mix but enough
> that it can sometimes delay the project until another time when I do
> have the time.

I personally don't want to spend time mixing chemicals but rather
focus on shooting, printing or at least making interesting emulsions.
Developer chemistry is pretty much figured out and there's little room
for improvement. So naturally I have been trying to have developers
like DS-10, DS-12 and DS-14 manufactured by someone so that I can just
click it on my browser when I need them. I have prototypes of
maximally concentrated versions of these developers and have been
testing them. I hope I'll be able to tell you more later.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."