[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:08:13 +1300

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 09:27 +0000, Simon Osborne wrote:
> This was probably the worst, most ambiguous piece of wording in the
> whole Lone Wolf series! Confusingly, when Joe says "the first round of
> combat", he doesn't mean "the first combat round", but rather "the first
> of the two combats". The confusion is compounded by the fact that each
> combat is against two opponents. Gah! >_<

agreed. totally not how I would have read that at all.
Dont know how you managed to clarify that (newsletter maybe?) because
the combat rules section (and the corresponding combat summary) in every
book specifically states that a "round of combat" is one lookup on the
Combat Results table.

In fact "round of combat" is fairly consistently used in this manner
throughout the books.

eg description of Psi-surge, 01fftd/sect283, 06tkot/sect116,
19wb/sect116

If you have a source for this instance being different than standard
than can we quote it in the footnote?

> While we're looking at the footnotes...Jon, do you intend to add the
> sentence "You may only use one Weapon at a time in combat."

one Weapon or Weapon-like Special Item?