[projectaon] Re: 01HH Comments

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:34:24 -0700

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> General:
>>> Can a Machine Pistol be used if you have less than 6 bullets?
>>
>> Thoughts? My first reaction is to footnote it to suggest that it
>> can't. Section 333 seems to indicate that the Machine Pistol (G-12)
>> has a rate of fire selector.
>
> This is something I never fully understood. Any decision is fine with me!

Proposed footnote:

It appears that the author intended that the Machine Pistol consume
six rounds of ammunition with each pull of the trigger, though Section
333 mentions a rate of fire selector. It is unclear whether you can
use the Machine Pistol with less than six bullets and whether you can
change the rate of fire and treat it like a Pistol.

It is recommended that you can use the Machine Pistol normally if you
have less than six rounds of 9mm ammunition, but that you cannot treat
it like a Pistol.