[projectaon] Re: 01HH Comments

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:22:17 -0700

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Iain Smith <iainsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Don't forget the encumbrance penalty, I've pointed this out before.  If you
>> start a character with 3 items, 3 meals and only allocate skill points to
>> driving and fieldcraft, then your starting score for shooting, stealth and
>> perception is 8. If it's possible to collect an extra backpack item or
>> weapon before section 329, then the score could be lower.
>
> I had taken a quick look at all the sections leading here (it's early
> in the book so it wasn't too painful to do this) and I believe it's
> not possible to pick up another missile weapon. I had forgotten that
> you could have 3 meals and 3 backpack items, so I didn't look to see
> if you can pick up extra Backpack Items.

I've verified that you can't pick up any backpack items or missile
weapons before 329. So the maximum penalty to Stealth at this point is
-1. Should we go with Simon's suggestion of increasing the requirement
to 9 and above? This should only penalize those who took absolutely no
bonuses in those three skills and have 4 or more backpack items, but
at least it would mean something. :)