[projectaon] Re: 01HH Comments

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:46:58 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

General:
Can a Machine Pistol be used if you have less than 6 bullets?

Thoughts? My first reaction is to footnote it to suggest that it
can't. Section 333 seems to indicate that the Machine Pistol (G-12)
has a rate of fire selector.

This is something I never fully understood. Any decision is fine with me!

Section-specific:
38: lamella -> lamellar

It's a legit word (lamella) and I'm not sure using the adjectival form
is necessary.

In case anyone is wondering: <http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lamellar>

I have no preference on this. While I can see why the change might be made, I can also see that it could be considered unnecessary. I think. If I understand the definition correctly. ;-)

141: Add Hunting Knife to Action Chart?

It doesn't seem to be indicated by the text.

Yeah, it is. The sequence of events here is:

31 -> 294 -> 337 -> 141

31: Erase all Close Combat Weapons
337: It is your Hunting Knife in the corral
141: You get to the Hunting Knife ahead of Meltdown.

(Similarly, 48 (Erase Weapons) -> 337 -> 141.)

After the fight (163) you are not told to restore the Hunting Knife to your Action Chart, despite being the victor. Personally, I think it would be best to add a footnote to 163 to remind the player to restore the Hunting Knife to their Action Chart, since both 141 (where you reach the Hunting Knife first) and 122 (where Meltdown reaches the Hunting Knife first) both lead there.

329: Won't your Shooting, Stealth and Perception always be > 8 at this
point?

Yes. Any suggestions on what to do? I don't know what exactly the
purpose of a footnote would be aside from pointing out that we're
aware of this. :)

We could surreptitiously alter 8 or more -> 9 or more (i.e. more than 8), which would remove this issue. I'd go for that.