Re: Neural Networks, Programming Languages

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:56:01 +0300

You can make A.I. even with visual c#, but you must make a lot of code.
There are other programming paradigms more dedicated to this.
1. Functional programming (represented by lisp/scheme)
2. Logical programming (represented by prolog)

for example a gcd calculation in prolog will look like:
gcd(x,0,X).
gcd(X,Y,D):-R is X MOD Y,gcd(Y,R,D).

Thats all
now you can make
gcd(15,5,X).
and in d you will have the result.

Compare this with a traditional procedural/oop programming euclid algorithm and
you will see the benefits.
For having A.I. is necessary to have the learning capability in your software
that means that a method have to change is behavior from a calling to another.
To be more explicit let say we have a method that receive 2 parameters
x and y to integers
at first call the method returns the sum of the two numbers.
Some where in time at another call the same method with same parameters have to
return the product of the two integers.
that according to some lines which are between those two calls.
And this change in behavior must be not predictiv
so you can not do an if in the method and according to an conditon return
either the sum or the product.
For this situation functional programming respond better than other paradigms.
Because in a functional programming language you can modify the body of a
function easy from call to call.
in c# in dotnet 2.0 this is posible only using reflection.
dotnet 3.0 introduced 2 new things that I like very much
1. linq
2. f#

Also you can find on the net libraries written for c# used to interpret
lisp/prolog.
I worked with some of them in time to get faster results.

best regards.
bBlack Ares