RE: C++ and I are getting divorced.

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:27:03 -0700

Hi,
At least you've tried - good questions and comments over the past few weeks.
As others have said, programming requires a lot of "wrestling" with a
silicon chip. I didn't learn that fact until I've got into heavy programming
in C++. Like you, I had times when I decided to just give up when something
didn't work; but at those times, I thought of people who use a computer
without knowing how something works, or those who need explanation of some
sort about technology. With that, I eventually managed to finish something
and present my program (and eventually I learned something out of my code
style and experiences). I am a musician myself - trust me, it took hours of
practice and memorization to play Super smash Bros theme on piano...
But at least I hope you've learned something throughout your visit with C++,
and hopefully you can at least help other people out when they ask you some
questions about basic programming - since you've done it. Well, good job so
far. Keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Joseph